To engage the women involved in WatchDog.MD in the fight against disinformation, propaganda and other malicious information efforts in Moldova.
The project aims to contribute to strengthening gender equality in Mongolia through promoting women's voices in public discourse and challenging gender stereotypes on social media platforms.
- Out of 109 applicants, 20 participants were selected to improve their approach to gender equality issues and to improve their knowledge and skills on how to use social media and information technologies effectively.
- Three workshops were organised: 1) "How to use social media effectively"; 2) "Mobile journalism"; 3) "Effective social media campaigning" and a creative workshop on social media poster production.
- A mobile journalism competition was organised to encourage the production of effective video messages that challenge gender stereotypes and strengthen women's voices on political issues.
The project seeks to strengthen participation of girls and women in technology driven businesses in Mongolia.
- Analysis of the specific needs of the target groups and an environmental study was carried out.
- A digital literacy programme and an implementation plan have been developed. Training material was developed and uploaded to the distance learning system.
- Selection of participants for the training was carried out. Two parts of the training were conducted: Part 1 - the way for girls in STEM; Part 2 - digital technology entrepreneurship.
Project aims to empower marginalized women to promote their activism and meaningful participation in democratic processes and raise their voices and ultimately run for local elections.
- In order to ensure the sustainability and continuity of the project, 150 women participants were carefully selected in Mongolia's remote rural areas, in collaboration with local NGOs, academia, political parties, the media and local institutions.
- Training was provided using the most innovative and appropriate resources in the field of women's empowerment, selected by the international and national community. Participants were involved in communication with the media about their success stories, new experiences and ongoing changes.
- An online platform has been created where the 150 trained women will be able to continue to share their experiences, knowledge and skills on leadership and local democracy and to organise events. This will strengthen cooperation and the dissemination of women's leadership in other regions and the local community.
To strengthen public awareness of gender equality and women's empowerment; to educate politically, socially and business-active young women in public communication skills used in traditional media and social networks; to set up a network of active women who would spread the ideas of women's empowerment and gender equality through social media.
To promote women's leadership and participation in the process of preparation for municipal elections and in the elections itself; to strengthen democratic processes in municipalities; dissemination of information on democracy, elections, autonomy and women's empowerment.
Encourage women who live in rural areas to participate in political life by transferring the experience of women leaders who live in urban areas; bringing together groups of active women living in rural areas "Votes for Change"; to increase the participation of women living in rural areas by 2020 municipal elections.
To promote empowerment of marginalized (single mothers, unemployed, poorly educated) women, their involvement in local political life and electoral processes; to help women prepare to participate in municipal elections.